You want your home's surroundings to reflect your personal style, but this can sometimes prove difficult as a renter. Follow these tips to help give your rental home more life and character!
- Keep fresh flowers and potted plants around to add warmth and life to your space.
- Change out the hardware on your kitchen and bathroom cabinets and drawers. It will make a big impact, and it's easy to change back when you move out.
- Add area rugs to help define your space and to add warmth and color.
- Use temporary wallpaper to create a statement wall and bring some color or bold patterns into your space
- Changing out your light switch plates is such a small detail but can really make a difference. Plus, this is also something you can change right back when you leave.
- Hang your favorite art pieces around to brighten your mood and inspire you. Instead of hammers and nails, use 3M hooks to hang framed photos and posters.
How to Decorate a Rental [Style Me Pretty]
Dos and Don'ts of Decorating a Rental [HGTV]
5 Easy, High-Impact Rental Decorating Ideas (That Can Move With You) [Apartment Therapy]
Check out the Red, White & Boom in Downtown Wichita
Click here for more information.
Sometimes you just want to go to a sleek and charming steakhouse and enjoy a quality meal. If that’s the case, check out Chester’s Chophouse and Wine Bar in Wichita. Chester’s is one of those places you go with your friends and family to celebrate an occasion or a place to take a first date.
Inside, Chester’s is warm and inviting with classic chandelier lighting and leather booths. Entrees include classic steakhouse dishes like filet mignon and New York strip, along with fish dishes and a raw bar featuring fresh oysters. All sides come family style, so don’t expect small portions. For dessert, the crème brulee pie is famous among diners, and the cocktail menu allows the bartenders to show off their mixology skills. There’s also an extensive wine list so you can find the perfect wine to pair with your meal.
Make sure to make a reservation, especially on weekends, as tables go quickly!
Chester’s Chophouse and Wine Bar
1550 N Webb Road
Wichita, KS 67278
The bathroom is often one of the most neglected rooms in any home, but with a few simple updates, this high-traffic area can become a soothing oasis. Transform your rental bathroom into an at-home spa with these stylish (and affordable!) DIY projects.
- Improve the lighting. If your bathroom is dull and dark, brighten things up by adding lighting that works for you. You can switch out pendant lights (as long as you're able to switch them back when you move out), or add hanging lamps around the sink to add additional lighting.
- Create your own custom shelving using reclaimed wood. Just about everyone could use a bit of extra storage in their bathroom, and it's easier than you think to gain extra space. Try hanging antique wood crates on the wall, or make your own shelves by tying wooden shelves on hooks with some rustic ropes.
- Weave your own bathmat. Add a colorful, eclectic look to your bathroom by weaving your own bathmat. Use fabric rope in a variety of colors to create your own unique color scheme.
- Add vintage furniture. If you have unused space in your bathroom, fill it with furniture pieces that you might not usually expect to see in a bathroom. A small armoire or even an antique vanity looks chic and unexpected — and best of all, it adds some extra storage.
The 10 Best DIY Bathroom Projects [DIY Network]
A brew pub is always a nice change of pace for a leisurely afternoon, and River City Brewery in Old Town Wichita brings just that to local residents. The brewery opened in 1993 and was the first brewpub in the city of Wichita.
The brewery always has a rotation of 16 beers on draught as well as a selection of six different microbrews. And unlike many other brewery menus, the food served at River City Brewery is not strictly bar food. Guests can enjoy salads, hand-crafted macaroni and cheese, hearty entrees like baby back ribs and ribeye steak, and a large selection of pizzas and burgers.
Inside, the bar is cozy and warm with exposed brick walls and high-top bar seating. Go upstairs to the loft space to enjoy a drink in the remodeled bar or grab a seat on the deck if the weather is nice. On weekends there is live music and a dance floor.
River City Brewery
150 N Mosley Street
Wichita, KS 67202