Finding stylish home decor and furniture doesn't have to bust your budget. Visit the following stores to find unique and trendy home decor and furniture at prices that won’t break the bank!
- Cost Plus World Market is an affordable retail store that sells unique home furniture, decor, rugs, curtains, gifts, coffee, wine, and so much more. They offer original, high quality items at a great value. World Market brings the beauty of global markets to you and their large selection of original items is constantly changing. They have stores all over the nation and you can also shop online.
- Christmas Tree Shops offers a surprising variety of items that are always changing, at prices you won’t find anywhere else. The buyers at Christmas Tree Shops travel all over the world to find products that are distinctive and intriguing.
- Pier 1 Imports is well known for their fun, inspiring, colorful, and unique furniture and decor. They use fashion-forward trends and even handcraft exclusive items with the customer in mind. The products at Pier 1 can really inspire and ignite your creativity.
Whether you're working with limited space or you're simply looking for something more unique than traditional furniture, there are a number of reasons why you might want to skip the usual squared nightstand and opt for something a bit more tailored to your needs. Here are just five great alternatives to the usual bedside table — and even a few that aren't tables at all!
- A chair. Visit your local thrift store or a stylish home goods store to pick out chic chairs that can double as bedside tables. They're perfect for creating a base for your current reads and an alarm clock, or if you prefer to go the minimal route and leave the chair's base bare, you can even use it to sit on.
- A sturdy shelf. If you only have a few feet to spare on either side of your bed, simply attach a small shelf to the wall and use it as a compact nightstand alternative.
- A vintage milk crate. Hunt for these rustic wooden crates at local antique sales or even the farmers market if you're looking for a bedside table with a bit more personality. Simply flip it upside down or on its side, depending on how tall you want your "table" to look.
- A desk. If you're on the other side of the bedroom spectrum and actually have more space than you know what to do with, use a desk as your nightstand. That way, you can fill empty space and create a private area for answering e-mails or planning your week.
- A bar cart. Everyone loves the retro bar cart, but this piece isn't just designed for housing your favorite spirits. Use it in a guest bedroom to provide your guests with a carafe of water, fresh flowers, toiletries and more.
Rethink the Table: 22 Bedside Alternatives [Brit + Co]
The bathroom is often one of the most neglected rooms in any home, but with a few simple updates, this high-traffic area can become a soothing oasis. Transform your rental bathroom into an at-home spa with these stylish (and affordable!) DIY projects.
- Improve the lighting. If your bathroom is dull and dark, brighten things up by adding lighting that works for you. You can switch out pendant lights (as long as you're able to switch them back when you move out), or add hanging lamps around the sink to add additional lighting.
- Create your own custom shelving using reclaimed wood. Just about everyone could use a bit of extra storage in their bathroom, and it's easier than you think to gain extra space. Try hanging antique wood crates on the wall, or make your own shelves by tying wooden shelves on hooks with some rustic ropes.
- Weave your own bathmat. Add a colorful, eclectic look to your bathroom by weaving your own bathmat. Use fabric rope in a variety of colors to create your own unique color scheme.
- Add vintage furniture. If you have unused space in your bathroom, fill it with furniture pieces that you might not usually expect to see in a bathroom. A small armoire or even an antique vanity looks chic and unexpected — and best of all, it adds some extra storage.
The 10 Best DIY Bathroom Projects [DIY Network]