Botanica Gardens in Wichita provides a magical outdoor space for local residents to spend an afternoon among nature. The gardens opened in 1987 with only four gardens and today boasts more than 30 themed gardens for guests to experience.
The gardens are open year-round and span 18 acres with more than 4,000 different species of plants. In the spring time, more than 50,000 tulips are in bloom, which is quite a sight to see. A children’s garden features a giant tree house, a water pump, and of course lots of plant life. During the holidays, guests can visit to see large, festive light displays dispersed throughout the grounds.
Admission into the gardens is free for members, $7 for adults, $5 for kids and free for children under 2. Group admission is available for larger groups, so call ahead if you plan to visit with more than 10 people.
701 Amidon Street
Wichita, KS 67203
Finding stylish home decor and furniture doesn't have to bust your budget. Visit the following stores to find unique and trendy home decor and furniture at prices that won’t break the bank!
- Cost Plus World Market is an affordable retail store that sells unique home furniture, decor, rugs, curtains, gifts, coffee, wine, and so much more. They offer original, high quality items at a great value. World Market brings the beauty of global markets to you and their large selection of original items is constantly changing. They have stores all over the nation and you can also shop online.
- Christmas Tree Shops offers a surprising variety of items that are always changing, at prices you won’t find anywhere else. The buyers at Christmas Tree Shops travel all over the world to find products that are distinctive and intriguing.
- Pier 1 Imports is well known for their fun, inspiring, colorful, and unique furniture and decor. They use fashion-forward trends and even handcraft exclusive items with the customer in mind. The products at Pier 1 can really inspire and ignite your creativity.
Heroes Sports Bar & Grill in Oldtown
117 N Mosley St.
Bonus-They have $5 burgers on Thursdays!
Whether you're working with limited space or you're simply looking for something more unique than traditional furniture, there are a number of reasons why you might want to skip the usual squared nightstand and opt for something a bit more tailored to your needs. Here are just five great alternatives to the usual bedside table — and even a few that aren't tables at all!
- A chair. Visit your local thrift store or a stylish home goods store to pick out chic chairs that can double as bedside tables. They're perfect for creating a base for your current reads and an alarm clock, or if you prefer to go the minimal route and leave the chair's base bare, you can even use it to sit on.
- A sturdy shelf. If you only have a few feet to spare on either side of your bed, simply attach a small shelf to the wall and use it as a compact nightstand alternative.
- A vintage milk crate. Hunt for these rustic wooden crates at local antique sales or even the farmers market if you're looking for a bedside table with a bit more personality. Simply flip it upside down or on its side, depending on how tall you want your "table" to look.
- A desk. If you're on the other side of the bedroom spectrum and actually have more space than you know what to do with, use a desk as your nightstand. That way, you can fill empty space and create a private area for answering e-mails or planning your week.
- A bar cart. Everyone loves the retro bar cart, but this piece isn't just designed for housing your favorite spirits. Use it in a guest bedroom to provide your guests with a carafe of water, fresh flowers, toiletries and more.
Rethink the Table: 22 Bedside Alternatives [Brit + Co]
Annual Moonlight Car Show is tomorrow – check it out!
Click here for more information.
To enter the Sweepstakes, visit our Facebook Page and then look for the Sweepstakes tab (image shown below) located on our Facebook Page to enter. Sweepstakes ends August 31st, 2016. We suggest you like our page to keep informed about future sweepstakes and community happenings.
For mobile users, click here to enter.
Red Rock Canyon Grill in Wichita is the perfect mix between a local restaurant and a chain. One of five locations throughout Oklahoma and Kansas, Red Rock serves Southwestern American food in a casual atmosphere. Large windows allow natural light into the modern dining room. The open kitchen makes for a level of entertainment in itself, as guests can see chefs prepare their meals and smell the aromas migrating from the kitchen into the dining room. An outdoor fireplace makes for a cozy seat while guest wait for tables.
The restaurant serves dinner every night, and the menu includes classic American dishes with a Southern twist, like the John “B” Good chicken encchiladas and the Bunkhouse St. Louis barbecue ribs. Brunch is also available on the weekends. For those looking to grab a drink, the bar is open on weekdays starting at 4 p.m.
Red Rock Canyon Grill
1844 N. Rock Road
Wichita, KS 67206