Newport grill offers some of the freshest, most elegant seafood and steak entrees in Wichita. Executive chef Aaron Whitcomb tops a filet mignon with lobster tail and a zinfandel demi-glace. He also pairs Norwegian salmon with house-made ricotta ravioli and pine nuts. His freshly caught, sustainable, and wild seafood is flown in six days a week. Each entree isn’t just a meal; it’s an opportunity for the chef to display a piece of art as each item of food is carefully and creatively plated.
Set along the water in the Bradley Fair shopping center, Newport Grill features a nautical-themed interior with sleek blue booths, porthole mirrors hung on the wall, and a rich brown interior. Beneath the rippled ceiling of the contemporary bar, mixologists craft signature cocktails with house-infused spirits. They also serve martinis, which are only $5 on Tuesdays. Outside, orange umbrellas shade a sophisticated patio that overlooks the water.
1900 North Rock Road
Wichita, KS 67206
Incorporating throw pillows into your bedroom or living room is a cheap and easy way to update a home’s decor, but with the overwhelming number of options, it may be intimidating to choose the perfect ones. Here are a few tips to help you choose the best throw pillows for your space.
- Consider the size. Are you purchasing throw pillows for a standard-sized couch or your king-sized bed? The size of the space makes a big difference when choosing the perfect pillows, so be sure to consider sizes before purchasing. Eighteen-inch square pillows are best suited for a bed or sofa, while oversized pillows of 24 inches or larger create a more lounge-style feel in a living room.
- Choose a color scheme. Black and white throw pillows create a mod effect, while bright shades of pink, green, or blue liven up a drab space. Even if you plan on purchasing patterned pillows, stick with one singular color scheme for a designer-worthy look.
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match. Get creative by mixing and matching different sizes, shapes, and patterns. If you stick to your chosen color scheme, it’s easy to pull off a more eclectic look.
- Add pillows in unexpected places. Toss some large, cushion-style pillows on the floor, add some in a window nook, or place one on a desk chair for a cozy feel.
Decorating With Throw Pillows [Real Simple]
Tips On Choosing Throw Pillows [Décor Love]
How to Choose Decorative Pillows for the Living Room [Overstock]
With a facade festooned with a metal rooster, it's easy to mistake The Donut Whole as a simple place to snag doughnuts and coffee. But once you step inside, you'll see that there's more than meets the eye. On Friday and Saturday nights, The Donut Whole hosts live music free of charge. Expect to see jazz musicians, singer/songwriters, cover bands, and oldies acts take the stage.
And, The Donut Whole also has an art gallery, dubbed the Brown Paper Bag Gallery. Artwork created by local artists goes up on the last Friday of every month and stays up until the end of the following month, and most of it is for sale. So, if you see something that strikes your fancy, don't hesitate to ask about it.
Even though there's a lot going on at The Donut Whole, most customers come in for just one reason — the doughnuts. There are more than 40 varieties available every day, made with locally sourced ingredients, including Kansas buttermilk and dairy products originating from nearby Stafford County. The hands-down favorite is the maple bacon doughnut, but the S'mores Sandwich Cookie doughnut and the peanut butter and grape have plenty of fans, too.
The Donut Whole
1720 E. Douglas Ave.
Wicita, KS 67214
Check back for full reviews of the best places to eat in your area. Thanks!
Check back for helpful information about pop culture, recipes, health and fitness, and much more! Thanks!
Regular physical activity is one of the most important things you can do for your health. It can help:
- Control your weight
- Reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease
- Reduce your risk for type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome
- Reduce your risk of some cancers
- Strengthen your bones and muscles
- Improve your mental health and mood
- Improve your ability to do daily activities and prevent falls, if you’re an older adult
- Increase your chances of living longer
With all those benefits, why not get moving? All it takes to get started is to put on some sneaks and visit our fitness center that’s conveniently located right here at Windemere at Tallgrass.
Welcome to the Windemere at Tallgrass blog!
To facilitate our commitment to providing a high level of service, we’ve created this community website just for our residents.
This site was established to improve communication as well as build a sense of community. It gives us a centralized place to post notices about upcoming events or specials offered by our apartment community. In addition, well be posting information that will help you get more familiar with the resources in your neighborhood, including nearby restaurants and things to do.
We know that everyone has communication preferences, and for this reason, you’ll be able to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, email feed or simply visit this website.
Of course, we’d love your feedback. Participate in our polls or leave a comment with us and tell us what you think.