You want your home's surroundings to reflect your personal style, but this can sometimes prove difficult as a renter. Follow these tips to help give your rental home more life and character!
- Keep fresh flowers and potted plants around to add warmth and life to your space.
- Change out the hardware on your kitchen and bathroom cabinets and drawers. It will make a big impact, and it's easy to change back when you move out.
- Add area rugs to help define your space and to add warmth and color.
- Use temporary wallpaper to create a statement wall and bring some color or bold patterns into your space
- Changing out your light switch plates is such a small detail but can really make a difference. Plus, this is also something you can change right back when you leave.
- Hang your favorite art pieces around to brighten your mood and inspire you. Instead of hammers and nails, use 3M hooks to hang framed photos and posters.
How to Decorate a Rental [Style Me Pretty]
Dos and Don'ts of Decorating a Rental [HGTV]
5 Easy, High-Impact Rental Decorating Ideas (That Can Move With You) [Apartment Therapy]