Whether you're a vegan or you simply try to cut out meat a few days a week, vegan dining is a great way to improve your health and do some good for the environment. Here are a few inspiring Pinterest boards that are filled with vegan recipes that are sure to get your mouth watering.
Best Vegan Recipes
This Pinterest board is bright, colorful and filled with nutritious meals for every time of day. From hemp seed snack smoothies to grilled veggie fajitas, there's something to inspire every meal.
Vegan Food Lovers
This community Pinterest board features contributions from some of the best vegan food bloggers online. Here, you'll find sweet, frozen snacks, globally inspired lunches and even a variety of different ways to prepare tofu.
Earth Balance's Vegan Recipes
If you're looking for some inspiration for lunch or dinner, this is the board to check out. It features main courses like vegan pot pie, savory Indian curries and lots of veggie-packed soups.
If you think you need to venture to the bar to find a unique, tasty cocktail, think again. You can easily mix up your own creative cocktails and mocktails in the comfort of your own home. The most important part of a great drink is how long the flavor lingers in your mouth. You want to intrigue your taste buds and mind after the sip goes down. These tips are sure to leave a unique, lasting flavor on your tongue.
- Choose a good quality base liquor or flavor of your cocktail.
- Use a generous amount of the base spirit.
- Mix in a tart or sweet ingredient such as lime juice, simple syrup, or liqueur. Remember to keep it simple and balanced, as this will make the flavors last in your mouth.
- Add a few drops of bitters or a hydrosol, such as rosewater, to add aromatics to your drink.
- A cocktail that contains delicate flavors or ingredients should be stirred. Be sure to shake any cocktail containing juice or egg whites.
- To avoid diluting your drink, use larger ice cubes that will melt at a slower pace. In your glass, the ice should be visible about the alcohol line.
- Take some time to make your cocktail look presentable. A simple lemon twist can add a touch of elegance to your drink.
From A Genius Mixologist: The Only Ratio You Need For Perfect Cocktails [Fast Company]
How to make cocktails: follow these 10 golden rules [The Guardian]
How to Make Perfect Cocktails [Williams-Sonoma Taste]
Don’t you just hate it when you attempt to buy a healthy batch of vegetables at the grocery store, only to have them go bad before you can even eat them? By using these simple tips, you can learn how to prolong the lifespan of your veggies and keep your greens fresher for longer.
- Don’t leave leafy greens on the counter. While many types of produce (such as apples and potatoes) are okay when left out in the kitchen, leafy greens are much delicate and require cooler temperatures for safekeeping.
- Wash them. As soon as you get your greens home, wash them with an all-natural vegetable cleanser and dry with a salad spinner to remove any chemicals, dirt, or pests.
- Remove bad leaves. If you notice any brown spots on your greens, carefully remove them to prevent them from spoiling the whole bunch.
- Don’t store them on a shelf in the refrigerator. Because everything in your refrigerator is not created equally, greens cannot by stored in the same way as, say, Chinese food leftovers. Instead, place them in the designated crisper drawer.
- Plan how you’ll eat them. To prolong their lifespan further, plan to eat fresh salads using greens first and sauté or stir fry them once they near their wilted phases.
Leafy Greens [FreshDirect.com]
How to Store Leafy Greens in the Fridge [The Sprouting Seed]
How to Store Your Leafy Greens to Make Them Last Longer [Eat Local 365]